So if you are looking for a unique way to gift any of the spoons, this is one of my favorite ideas. It just makes it fun for whoever gets it as they have no idea there is a message on the spoon. I would totally sell them this way but I have two kids and two dogs so I'm not trying to get my kitchen approved by the health department for these. I can however share with you how to do it yourself. The steps are below the picture for you.
- Choose your chocolate type. I always use either semi sweet or milk chocolate but any kind would work.
- Melt chocolate according to the package, make sure you use enough chocolate to be able to dip the spoon into it
- While the chocolate is melting, cover a small plate with wax paper
- Dip the spoon in the chocolate and lightly tap off excess. You're going to repeat this process a couple of times, so don't worry if it isn't fully covered yet.
- Place spoon on the plate and put in the refrigerator or in the freezer to cool it off and harden it some.
- Reheat chocolate and then repeat the same dipping process and cooling process. I did this a couple times until the spoon bowl was filled with chocolate
- After the last time place the spoon in the refrigerator and let cool for a couple of hours this lets it get nice and hardened.
- Next slip it into a cello bag and either tie a ribbon to it or use a twist tie.
- I always attach a note that says "stir me in something hot" It works being stirred into coffee or hot chocolate or you can even stir it into hot milk.